Learn German with Stories: Karneval in Köln – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (Ebook Edition)
Take your German to the next level and boost your vocabulary, reading comprehension and grammar sense with these German stories for beginners!
In this follow-up to Ferien in Frankfurt, Dino finds himself in Cologne, the Carnival Capital of Germany and home of the Cologne Cathedral.
Struggling with tacky accommodations and an empty wallet, he stumbles over a gig which promises to be a walk down easy street. But before he knows it, the carnival begins and he’s faced with an onslaught of bewildering customs, an inebriated four-legged friend and sudden downpours of candy.
Explore Cologne’s colorful carnival tradition, its very unique form of German humor (yes, it exists!), learn about local sights and sounds, and improve your German effortlessly along the way!
Learning German Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore
Just got started learning German? Memorized a few words and phrases but struggle with anything more complex? We’ve all been there. This book of German learning stories is designed to help beginners make the leap from studying isolated words and phrases to reading (and enjoying!) German fiction.
Using simplified sentence structure and a very basic vocabulary you can build upon, this German short stories book is carefully crafted to allow even novice learners to fully immerse themselves in authentic German literature.
Each chapter comes with a complete German-English dictionary with special emphasis on collocative phrases (high frequency word combinations), short sentences and expressions designed for improved memorization.
By working with these building blocks instead of just single words, learners can boost their active usage of new material instantly and make the language learning process more fluid and fun.
What You’ll Find In This Book
- 10 German stories about culture, language and cuisine
- a balance between easy vocabulary and introduction of new words
- tons of phrases and expressions you will actually use in daily life
- fun tidbits about the city of Cologne, its history, dialect and traditions
- a detailed German-English dictionary after every chapter
- enough support to make following along easy, without spoiling your own efforts
- fun short quizzes to check your text-comprehension (including answers)
- a relatable protagonist and other fun characters
- hand-drawn illustrations by the author
- the beginning of a grand German learning adventure …
Read, Learn & Collect Them All
Yes! That’s right. This is only the third episode of a whole series of exciting German short stories for beginners. Follow our protagonist to Munich, Zurich, Vienna and many other cities! Before you know it, you’ll have travelled half of Europe and picked up more German than years’ worth of expensive courses.
Learning German has never been more fun.
What You WON’T Find In This Book
- parallel translations that may seem convenient but don’t teach you anything
- dull characters designed by academics and committees
- interspersed English sentences that take you out of the reading flow
- archaic German words and phrases nobody uses in real life
- a jumble of unrelated places, people and events
- wordy footnotes that only get in the way of immersion
- condescending storytelling that insults your intelligence
- a teaching approach which takes itself too seriously
Complete Series Bundle
11 ebooks (EPUB, PDF, MOBI)
11 audiobooks (MP3 audio)
+ Flashcards (Anki/Quizlet) & more
Sale Price : $75.99
You Might Also Like
- Learn German With Stories: Plötzlich in Palermo – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (TalkingBook)
- Learn German With Stories: Sturm auf Sylt – 10 Short Stories for Beginners
- Learn German with Stories: Dino lernt Deutsch Collector’s Edition – Simple & Fun Stories For German Learners (9-12)
- Learn German With Stories: Ahoi aus Hamburg – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (TalkingBook)