Learn German With Stories: Ferien in Frankfurt – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (Ebook Edition)Read Amazon reviews
Take your German to the next level and boost your vocabulary, reading comprehension and grammar sense by reading German fiction for beginners.
In this sequel to Café in Berlin, Dino makes his way towards the central German metropolis of Frankfurt am Main, caught in between quaint cider-pubs, the international banking elite, old acquaintances and the eternal question what to do with his life.
Explore Frankfurt’s city life, learn about local sights and sounds, and improve your German effortlessly along the way!
Learning German Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore
Just started to learn German? Memorized a few words but struggle with anything longer? We’ve all been there. This book is designed to help beginners make the leap from studying isolated words and phrases to reading (and enjoying!) real German literature.
Using simplified sentence structure and a very basic vocabulary you can build upon, this set of 10 connected German short stories is carefully crafted to allow even novice learners to fully immerse themselves in authentic German fiction. Each chapter comes with a complete German-English dictionary with special emphasis on collocative phrases (high frequency word combinations), short sentences and expressions designed for improved memorization.
By working with these building blocks instead of just single words, learners can boost their active usage of new material instantly and make learning the German language more fluid and fun.
What You’ll Find In This Book
- 10 German stories about culture, language and cuisine
- a balance between cozy vocabulary and introduction of new words
- tons of phrases and expressions you will actually use in daily life
- fun tidbits about the city of Frankfurt, its history, dialect and traditions
- a detailed German-English dictionary after every chapter
- enough support to make following along easy, without spoiling your own efforts
- fun short quizzes to check your text-comprehension (including answers)
- a relatable protagonist and other fun characters
- hand-drawn illustrations by the author
- the beginning of a grand German learning adventure …
Read, Learn & Collect Them All
Yes! That’s right. This is only the second episode of a whole series of exciting German short stories for beginners. Follow our protagonist to Cologne, Munich, Zurich, Vienna and many other cities! Before you know it, you’ll have travelled half of Europe and picked up more German than years’ worth of expensive courses.
Learning German has never been more fun.
What You WON’T Find In This Book
- parallel translations that may seem convenient but don’t teach you anything
- dull characters designed by academics and committees
- interspersed English sentences that take you out of the reading flow
- archaic German words and phrases nobody uses in real life
- a jumble of unrelated places, people and events
- wordy footnotes that only get in the way of immersion
- condescending storytelling that insults your intelligence
- a teaching approach which takes itself too seriously
You Might Also Like
- Learn German with Stories: Schlamassel in Stuttgart – 10 Short Stories for Beginners
- Learn German With Stories: Ferien in Frankfurt – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (TalkingBook)
- Learn German with Stories: Digital in Dresden – 10 Short Stories for Beginners
- Learn German With Stories: Café in Berlin – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (TalkingBook)