Learn German with Stories: Café in Berlin – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (Ebook Edition)Read Amazon reviews
Tired of boring German textbooks and dumbed-down practice sentences that don’t make sense? Step into the shoes of Dino, explore Berlin and learn German–the way it’s actually spoken–along the way!
Newly arrived in Berlin, a young man from Sicily is thrown headlong into an unfamiliar urban lifestyle of unkempt bachelor pads, evanescent romances and cosmopolitan encounters of the strangest kind. How does he manage the new language? Will he find work?
Experience daily life in the German capital through the eyes of a newcomer, learn about the city and its people, and improve your German effortlessly and instantly.
Learning German Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore
Just got started learning the language of poets and thinkers? Memorized a few words but struggle with longer texts? This book is designed to help beginners make the leap from studying isolated words and phrases to reading (and enjoying!) German fiction.
Using simplified sentence structures and a very basic vocabulary you can build upon, this German reader of 10 short stories for beginners is carefully crafted to allow even novice learners to fully immerse themselves in an authentic German learning experience.
Each chapter comes with a complete German-English dictionary with special emphasis on collocative phrases (high frequency word combinations), short sentences and expressions designed for improved memorization.
By working with these building blocks instead of just single words, learners can boost their active usage of new material instantly and make the language learning process more fluid and fun.
What You’ll Find In This Book
- 10 Berlin stories about life and culture in the capital
- a balance between cozy vocabulary and introduction of new words
- tons of phrases and expressions you will actually use in daily life
- fun facts about the city of Berlin, its quirks and cuisine
- a detailed German-English dictionary after every chapter
- enough support to make following along easy, without spoiling your own efforts
- fun short quizzes to check your text-comprehension (including answers)
- a relatable protagonist and other fun characters
- hand-drawn illustrations by the author
- the beginning of a grand German learning adventure …
Read, Learn & Collect Them All
Yes! That’s right. This is only the first episode of a whole series of exciting German short stories for beginners. Follow our protagonist to Frankfurt, Cologne, Munich, Zurich, Vienna and many other cities! Before you know it, you’ll have travelled half of Europe and picked up more German than years’ worth of expensive courses.
Learning German has never been more fun.
What You WON’T Find In This Book
- parallel translations that may seem convenient but don’t teach you anything
- dull characters designed by academics and committees
- interspersed English sentences that take you out of the reading flow
- archaic German words and phrases nobody uses in real life
- a jumble of unrelated places, people and events
- wordy footnotes that only get in the way of immersion
- condescending storytelling that insults your intelligence
- a teaching approach which takes itself too seriously
You Might Also Like
- Learn German with Stories: Digital in Dresden - 10 Short Stories For Beginners (Audiobook)
- Learn German with Stories: Schlamassel in Stuttgart – 10 Short Stories for Beginners
- Learn German With Stories: Ferien in Frankfurt – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (TalkingBook)
- Learn German with Stories: Digital in Dresden – 10 Short Stories for Beginners