Learn German with Stories: Ahoi aus Hamburg – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (Ebook Edition)Read Amazon reviews
Anchors aweigh! Take your German to the next level and boost your vocabulary, reading comprehension and grammar sense with episode 5 of the bestselling Dino lernt Deutsch short story series for beginners!
In this sequel to Momente in München, Dino travels up north to Hamburg, Germany’s second largest city and home to one of the biggest ports in Europe.
Fresh off the train, he stumbles over an apartment offer which seems too good to be true, and of course there is a catch. Coping with new neighbors and a strange dialect, he soon begins to wonder whether he bit off more than he can chew.
Stroll through the city of Hamburg, learn about local sights and sounds, and improve your German effortlessly along the way!
Learning German Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore
Just got started learning German? Memorized a few words but struggle with longer texts? We’ve all been there. This book is designed to help beginners make the leap from studying isolated words and phrases to reading (and enjoying!) naturally flowing German narrative.
Using simplified sentence structures and a very basic vocabulary you can build upon, this set of 10 connected German short stories is carefully crafted to allow even novice learners to fully immerse themselves in an authentic German language experience.
Each chapter comes with a complete German-English dictionary with special emphasis on collocative phrases (high frequency word combinations), short sentences and expressions designed for improved memorization.
By working with these building blocks instead of just single words, learners can boost their active usage of new material instantly and make the language learning process more fluid and fun.
What You’ll Find In This Book
- 10 chapters of cultural experience and urban exploration
- phrases and words you will actually use in daily life
- detailed German-English vocabulary lists
- short quizzes to boost your text-comprehension
- a relatable protagonist and other fun characters
- hand-drawn illustrations by the author
- the beginning of a grand German learning adventure …
Read, Learn & Collect Them All
Yes! That’s right. This is only the fifth episode of a whole series of exciting German short stories for beginners. Follow our protagonist to Frankfurt, Cologne, Munich, Zurich, Vienna and many other cities! Before you know it, you’ll have travelled half of Europe and picked up more German than years’ worth of expensive courses.
Learning German has never been more fun.
What You WON’T Find In This Book
- dull characters designed by academics
- archaic words and phrases nobody uses in real life
- wordy footnotes that get in the way of the reading experience
- childish storytelling that insults your intelligence
- a jumble of unrelated places, people and events
- a teaching approach which takes itself too seriously
You Might Also Like
- Learn German with Stories: Ahoi aus Hamburg – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (Audiobook)
- Learn German with Stories: Café in Berlin – 10 Short Stories for Beginners
- Learn German with Stories: Café in Berlin - 10 Short Stories for Beginners (Audiobook)
- Learn German With Stories: Café in Berlin – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (TalkingBook)