Learn German with Stories: Momente in München – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (Ebook Edition)Read Amazon reviews
O’zapft is!* Take your German to the next level and boost your vocabulary, reading comprehension and grammar sense with episode 4 of the bestselling Dino lernt Deutsch German short story series for beginners!
In this sequel to Karneval in Köln, Dino is making his way into the heart of Munich, capital of the Free State of Bavaria and home of the world-famous Oktoberfest.
Bewildered by the Bavarian dialect and trying to get his head around local cuisine and customs, he finally lands a steady new job in a legendary location. But it’s only so long before a new acquaintance and the world’s largest funfair catapult him out of his everyday routine.
Learning German Doesn’t Have To Be Boring
Just got started learning German? Memorized a few words but struggle with longer texts? We’ve all been there. This book is designed to help beginners make the leap from studying isolated words and phrases to reading (and enjoying!) naturally flowing German narrative.
Using simplified sentence structures and a very basic vocabulary you can build upon, this set of 10 connected short stories is carefully crafted to allow even novice learners to fully immerse themselves in an authentic German language experience.
Each chapter comes with a complete German-English dictionary with special emphasis on collocative phrases (high frequency word combinations), short sentences and expressions designed for improved memorization.
By working with these building blocks instead of just single words, learners can boost their active usage of new material instantly and make the learning process more fluid and fun.
What You’ll Find In This Book
- 10 Munich stories about life and culture in the Bavarian capital
- a balance between cozy vocabulary and introduction of new words
- tons of phrases and expressions you will actually use in daily life
- fun facts about the Oktoberfest, Bavaria film studios, Munich’s parks and more
- a detailed German-English dictionary after every chapter
- enough support to make following along easy, without spoiling your own efforts
- fun short quizzes to check your text-comprehension (including answers)
- a relatable protagonist and other fun characters
- hand-drawn illustrations by the author
- the beginning of a grand German learning adventure …
Read, Learn & Collect Them All
Yes! That’s right. This is only the fourth episode of a whole series of exciting German short stories for beginners. Follow our protagonist to Frankfurt, Cologne, Hamburg, Zurich, Vienna and many other cities! Before you know it, you’ll have travelled half of Europe and picked up more German than years’ worth of expensive courses.
Learning German has never been more fun.
What You WON’T Find In This Book
- parallel translations that may seem convenient but don’t teach you anything
- dull characters designed by academics and committees
- interspersed English sentences that take you out of the reading flow
- archaic German words and phrases nobody uses in real life
- a jumble of unrelated places, people and events
- wordy footnotes that only get in the way of immersion
- condescending storytelling that insults your intelligence
- a teaching approach which takes itself too seriously
*famous words in Bavarian dialect that open the Oktoberfest, meaning: “the barrel is tapped”
You Might Also Like
- Learn German With Stories: Ferien in Frankfurt – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (TalkingBook)
- Learn German with Stories: Digital in Dresden – 10 Short Stories for Beginners
- Learn German With Stories: Café in Berlin – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (TalkingBook)
- Learn German with Stories: Zurück in Zürich – 10 Short Stories for Beginners (Audiobook)